Nutella Twists are a delightful pastry, perfect for breakfast or dessert. Who doesn’t love easy breakfast pastry, especially when they only require a few ingredients to make?
Raise your hand if you are obsessed with Nutella. The delicious chocolate and hazelnut spread will quickly stay on your cravings list after just one spoonful. These pastry twists make Nutella the star of the show and highlight how useful and delicious this dessert spread is.
This pastry twists recipe is so versatile and could be served as an appetizer for your next party and on the go breakfast, added to your brunch spread, or paired with a scoop of ice cream for dessert. So many delicious ways to enjoy them!
- Pour the warm milk into a small bowl and sprinkle the yeast over the top. Add the eggs, Butter whisk, and set aside.
- In your stand mixer bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, and mix using the dough hook until the ingredients are barely combined.
- Add your milk mixture in your dry ingredient.
- Beat the dough on medium speed, for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is elastic and smooth.
- Scrape the dough off the beater blade and remove it. Attach the dough hook.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Use a rubber spatula to remove the dough from the mixer bowl and place it in the greased large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or wax paper. Set the bowl in a warm place and allow the dough to rise until double. It usually takes about 30 minutes for the dough to rise. Do not let the dough rise too much.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide your dough into two sections. Sprinkle a pastry mat generously with flour. Turn out the dough onto the pastry mat and sprinkle the top of the dough with additional flour. Flour a rolling pin and roll the dough.
- Spread half of the chocolate hazelnut spread on the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around all of the edges. Beginning on the longest end, tightly roll up the pastry into a log.
- Cut the log in half lengthwise, then carefully twist together the two pieces to form a braid, pinching the ends together to hold the braid in place.
- Repeat the filling, rolling and braiding process with the second piece of dough and the remaining chocolate-hazelnut spread, then arrange the twists on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, then brush it atop the twists. Bake them for 25 to 30 minutes or until they're golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the twists from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet before slicing and serving. Enjoy!