Soft and moist, these cranberry muffins are heavy on the flavor and burst with cranberries in each bite.
Cranberry is an underrated winter flavor, dontcha think? Cranberry deserves some love! That being said, how about a POP of vibrant cranberry for breakfast? An abundance of cranberries in every soft, buttery bite paired with a bright zest of orange. Anyway, cranberry and orange are absolute perfections together and I’ve been dreaming about today’s muffins.
And so, today’s muffins were born. Festive, fluffy, and packed with flavor. I used my blueberry muffin recipe as the base. Why? All that glorious butter flavor packed inside. Paired with juicy cranberries and bright citrus, the combination of flavor is unreal in these cranberry orange muffins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and one egg and set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Gradually add your milk mixture to dry ingredients and mix it on medium-high speed for 2 min. add orange zest.
- Fold in cranberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle of the cake, it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before removing them from the pan. Enjoy!