Make this amazing Instant Pot Creme Brulee with only 4 simple ingredients! Heavenly smooth, rich, and cream with crunchy caramel on top. A satisfyingly sweet aroma that lightly lingers on your taste buds. So dangerously good!!
Crème Brûlée, what a heavenly indulging treat that is light yet so satisfying. Easy enough to satisfy your weeknight cravings, yet fancy enough to impress your guests!
The divinely silky smooth cream paired with the crisp caramel shell that cracks perfectly with a spoon is simply an irresistible taste of heaven.
Instant Pot Creme Brulee Experiment
We tested our beloved Oven Creme Brulee Recipe using Low Pressure & High Pressure, then compared the differences. Each method resulted in a different Creme Brulee texture.
Oven Method: thick, creamy, custard-like
Low-Pressure Method: light, silky smooth, melt-in-your-mouth cream
High-Pressure Method: smooth, pudding-like (slightly more firm than the other two)
- Whisk the egg yolks and granulated sugar together. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream, and salt together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. As soon as it begins to simmer, remove it from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the hot cream to the egg mixture and whisk it into the egg yolks.
- Pour the cream mixture into 6 6oz ramekins. Fill them to 85% full. Remove air bubbles on the surface with a torch or spoon.
- Wrap the ramekins tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place 1 cup water in an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. Place wrapped ramekins on a steamer rack in Instant Pot (2-3 at the bottom layer with 1-2 stacked on top).
- Lock on the lid and make sure the pressure valve is set to seal. Use the manual function to set to cook for 13 minutes on LOW pressure. It will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure. When the cooking time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes.
- Place ramekins on a cooling rack. Covered with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days before topping.
- When ready to serve, spread 1 teaspoon granulated sugar evenly on top of the cream custard in the ramekin.
- Caramelize the sugar using a kitchen torch and serve immediately. Enjoy!