These super soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are the most popular cookie recipe on my website. Melted butter, more brown sugar than white sugar, and chilling cookie dough for 30 min guarantee the chewiest chocolate chip cookie texture. Big chocolate chunks promise chocolate in every single bite. The flavor and texture of these cookies are incomparable with any other recipe. No mixer required!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and melted butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (Be careful not to over mix, which would cause the gluten in the flour to toughen resulting in harder cookies).
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches (5 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Right after you take the cookies out of the oven press down the top of each cookie gently with back of your spatula to give that chewy texture in the center.
- Cool completely and serve with a cup of cold milk. Enjoy!