Making pizza dough is easy and with few ingredients and time is all you need to make your own pizza dough overnight. There are lots of different ways to make pizza dough, but this recipe is my favorite. It has only 4 ingredients and not much of kneading. The only cons of this recipe are that you can’t use it right away. But if you want to taste that perfect homemade pizza you should try this amazing recipe.
- Pour the warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add in the salt and stir to dissolve. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes until you’re yeast develops foam on top.
- Add in olive oil and the flour into the mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until you form a shaggy dough. Switch to using your hands. Wet your hands to prevent the dough from sticking. to them and pinch the dough into several segments between your first finger and thumb. You need to knead the dough for about 2 until your dough starts to turn into a cohesive, but sticky ball of dough. Cover the bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes of rest, turn the dough onto a clean and floured surface. Knead the dough for about 1 minute until you get a smooth ball of dough.
- Lightly coat the mixing bowl with oil and place the ball of the dough in a mixing bowl. Cover the mixing bowl and let the dough rise for about 1 hour until it's doubled in size. You can let it rise for up to 2 hours before shaping.
- Turn the dough onto a clean, floured counter and stretch to make a large rectangle. You're going to divide the dough into 2 or 3 pieces (depending on the size you want your final pizza to be).
- Shape the dough one piece at a time. Take a section of the dough and gently stretch it up until you feel resistance, then fold over the middle. Take the next section and repeat, and move around the dough until you have created a tight ball. Sprinkle flour over the dough and spread it around with your hands until the dough is not sticky to touch. Repeat with the remaining sections of dough, then place on a floured plate. Sprinkle more flour on top of the dough, then cover with plastic wrap and place the plate in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or up to 72 hours, before making pizza.
- Before shaping the dough and baking, let come to room temperature and relax for about 1 hour. If you try to shape the dough and it's not stretching out easily or quickly, let it rest for 10 minutes then try again.