This yummy old fashion baked spaghetti will be requested again and again for potlucks and family gatherings. Its so easy and quick to make and kids love this baked spaghetti. A quick fresh buttery tomato sauce combined with spaghetti and topped with cheese. This spaghetti casserole is baked in the oven until hot and bubbly.
- In a large pot of water, boil spaghetti until al dente. Drain and rinse to prevent overcooking and sticking.
- Meanwhile, open cans of tomato puree and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, sauté chopped onions with a pinch of salt and one tbsp butter, until softened. Add both cans of tomato puree and stir.
- Turn down heat to simmer and cover. Let simmer about 15 minutes, stirring sauce occasionally.
- When the sauce is ready, fill a casserole dish with the following layers: Spaghetti, several pats of butter on top of the spaghetti. A handful of your shredded cheese sprinkled on top. Enough of the sauce to cover layers.
- Keep layering until you fill the casserole. Then with a large fork, mix the layers together. Sprinkle some cheese on top and cover.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees and bake for about 20 minutes un until thoroughly heated and the cheese melted. Serve with parmesans cheese. Enjoy!