Easy homemade fudge recipe with few ingredients! Also, it will take about 15-20 minutes to make this delicious fudge. This is a family recipe that my grandma use to make every holiday for us. I remember we couldn’t wait to finish them all in 10 seconds. It’s rich, chocolatey, and so silky-smooth. Let’s make this together! if you’re a big chocolate fan like me check out my beer brownie recipe.
When it comes to fudge, most people tend to think of it only around Christmas time. But fudge is really perfect to make during the summer too because it’s a simple and easy no-bake treat!
Since we’re getting close to the hot season and the last thing most of us want to do on a hot summer day in LA is to turn our ovens on. That’s why I wanted to share my easy homemade fudge recipe with you. And when I say easy, I really mean it!
- Lightly butter a rectangular or square dish.
- In a small bowl combine the cocoa powder and enough water to make a paste (the consistency of toothpaste.
- In a medium saucepan - combine the milk, sugar, and butter and bring it to boil.
- When the mixture comes to boil, add the chocolate mixture. Stir well to remove the lumps and keep at a low boil. Stir occasionally around 15-20 min until you can feel the consistency change. (this can be tested by dropping a small drop of the chocolate into a cold cup of cold water and it should turn into a firm ball)
- Remove the saucepan from the stove add the vanilla and continue to beat the chocolate until you can feel it begin to firm and lose its glossy look.
- As soon as the fudge begins to feel firm and you can see the consistency change, turn it out onto the buttered dish and slice it immediately. Enjoy!