Who doesn’t like fettuccini with creamy tomato and fresh parsley sauce? Right! We all love fettuccini. And this recipe is incredibly tasty. Super creamy and rich with fresh cherry tomatoes and parsley. You can use dried parsley if you can’t find it fresh. You may use regular size tomatoes chopped in cubes. If you live in a part of the country that it’s hard to find cherry tomatoes, or it’s not the right season.
- Bring 8 cups water and 1 tsp salt to a boil in a medium pot.
- Peel and chop your onion. Cut the grape tomatoes into half or quarter if your tomatoes are bigger. If you don't have grape tomatoes in hand, you can use two regular tomatoes diced into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Add fettuccine pasta to boiling water and cook about 10-12 minutes. Save 1 cup of pasta water—strain pasta in a wire mesh strainer.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan sauté onion and red pepper flakes in butter until onion is tender. Gradually whisk in heavy whipping cream
- Add tomatoes, parsley, and salt cook and stir over medium-high heat until sauce thickens.
- Drain fettuccine and return to your pot. Add the parsley and tomato mixture and pasta water if needed; toss to coat.
- Place the pasta in your serving dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!