Creamy shrimp spaghetti is one of my favorites. It’s for light and creamy with zesty citrus flavor. It’s so easy to make, and it’s so tasty. I usually make some garlic bread or garlic knots to serve on the side with this fantastic spaghetti dish. But you can use your own choice of bread on the side, or even a garden salad will go just perfectly with this dish. I love using freshly chopped parsley, but if you can’t find any, you can use dry parsley flakes.
- Bring 8 cups water and 2 tsp salt to a boil in a medium pot.
- Once water is boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente. About 10 minutes.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, zest lemon and quarter. Stem and mince parsley and minced garlic.
- Pat shrimp dry and season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimps to the hot pan and cook until seared about 2 minutes each side.
- Add butter and garlic to the hot pan and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add cream, parmesan, spaghetti, reserved pasta water, and a pinch of salt. Bring it to simmer. Stir occasionally until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from burner and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice from 2 lemon wedges, and parsley.
- Plate dish as pictured on top, garnishing with reserved parsley. Squeeze lemon wedges over to taste. Serve with garlic bread on the side if you like. Enjoy!