Transform pizza night with this easy Chimichurri Steak Flatbread recipe. Thin, crispbread topped with tender, juicy bites of steak, tomatoes, cheese, and freshly made chimichurri make this a healthy dinner to remember.
Steak strips: I like to make this recipe with steak strips, but if you can’t find at near butcher store, you can use flank steak, ground beef or ground pork. Make sure your steak is room temperature before cooking it. Bringing your steak to room temperature will guarantee soft and juicy steak.
Naan bread: Naan bread is so easy to use as a base for your pies, and you can top it with anything you like. When time allows, I like to make my own crust, but having a pre-made crust that can be loaded with pretty much anything is pretty awesome if you ask me.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, mince cilantro, halve lime, and juice. Core tomato and cut into ½ inch cubes. Steam, jalapeño, halve, seed, remove ribs, and mince.
- Combine sour cream, 1 tsp lime juice, and 1 tsp water and pinch of pepper in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pat dry and coarsely chop strips and season all over with taco seasoning. If using ground beef, sprinkle the seasoning on top while you’re cooking the meat.
- Place flatbread directly on oven rack and bake in a hot oven until lightly browned about 5 minutes.
- While flatbreads bake, combine cilantro, jalapeño, 2 tsp lime juice, and a pinch of pepper in another mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add steak strips to the hot pan. Stir occasionally until no pink remains, about 7 minutes and remove from burner.
- Place flatbread on a clean work surface. Top evenly with cheese, steak, and tomato.
- Place directly on oven rack in a hot oven, with a prepared baking sheet on the rack below to catch any drips. Bake until golden brown about 5 minutes.
- Plate dish as pictured on top, topping flatbreads with sour cream and chimichurri. Enjoy!