Easy chicken piccata recipe. It will take about 20 minutes to make. Chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour and golden browned. Served with sauce of lemon juice, butter, and capers. With a side of fusilli pasta and grape tomatoes with lemon butter sauce. Perfect recipes for a romantic date night or lovely family dinner.
- Bring 8 cups water and 1 tsp salt to a boil in a medium pot
- Peel and mince your shallot. Zest lemon and juice.
- Cut the grape tomatoes into half or quarter if your tomatoes are bigger. If you don’t have grape tomatoes in hand you can use 2 regular size tomato diced into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Pad dry the chicken breasts. On a separate cutting board cut each breast into 3 tin pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and pound with a heavy object to 1/3 inch thickness. Season each side with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the flour on a plate. Dredge chicken cutlets in flour and cover both sides. Shake off excess floured. Place floured chickens on a plate and repeat this process for each chicken piece.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tbs olive oil. Add your chicken cutlets to hot pan and cook about 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Remove chickens to a plate and cover them with foil to keep them warm.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water and cook about 10-12 minutes. Save 1 cup of pasta water. Strain pasta in a wire mesh strainer.
- Return pasta to pot and toss with 1 tsp olive oil and set aside.
- Return pan used to cook the chicken to medium heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil and shallot to the hot pan and cook about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pure in 1 cup pasta water, chicken stock, and ½ tsp lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir occasionally until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the butter.
- Add half the sauce, tomatoes and 1 tbsp lemon juice to pot with cooked pasta. Toss or gently stir to combine.
- Stir capers and 1 tsp lemon juice into the remaining sauce in the pan.
- Plate dish as pictured, spooning lemon-caper sauce over chicken and garnishing with remaining lemon zest for more citrusy taste. Enjoy!