Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil is one of my favorite summer afternoon appetizers. You can serve this next to your chasse plater at any party. With freshly toasted bread in the oven or on the grill so you don’t heat up the kitchen. I love making this recipe for my girl’s wine night.
- Combine tomatoes, chopped garlic, red onion, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and basil. Set aside.
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place on a tray and brush with olive oil.
- Toast bread under the broiler, until golden, watching closely not to let it burn.
- When the bread is toasted, rub each piece with a whole garlic clove.
- Place bread on a platter and top with tomato mixture.
- Serve immediately or the bread will become soggy.