These easy Cinnamon Muffins are a simple make-ahead breakfast or a sweet afternoon treat to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee. These yummy muffins are soft and fluffy and super moist, warmly spiced, and finished with a sugar topping.
While there are endless flavors of muffins to enjoy, often the most basic is also the tastiest. These homemade cinnamon muffins come together with just a handful of pantry staples, so you can whip up a batch whenever the craving strikes. They keep well in the freezer, too!
- Soften margarine in microwave 20-45 second. Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Whist together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract with hand or stand mixer for 2 minutes till is white and fluffy and then add softened margarine and whisk for 10 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients and milk to the mixture alternately and continue mixing until smooth. (do not overbeat the mixture.
- Refrigerate it overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray large or mini muffin tins on use muffin liners if you desire. fill muffin tins to the top with batter and slightly shake to level. Sprinkle sugar on top. Place in the middle on the oven and bake 30-35 minutes and 15 minutes for minis.
- Place in the middle on the oven and bake 30-35 minutes and 15 minutes for minis.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Then remove the cupcake from the tins and cool completely. Enjoy!