Acapulco beef burger is so juicy and fresh. A beach resort getaway is what will come in your mind when you try this burger. When you top this juicy burger with melty Chihuahua cheese, fresh pico de gallo, and zesty chipotle mayo, you’ll see how easy and delicious summertime dinner can be. You can use shredded mozzarella cheese if you can’t find Chihuahua or Queso Blanco.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch sticks. Place potato sticks on a prepared baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, and a pinch of pepper. Spread into a single layer and bake in a hot oven until lightly browned, 20 minutes, carefully tossing fries halfway through.
- Core tomato and cut into small cubes. Peel and mince shallot. Zest lime, halve, and juice: mince cilantro, leaves, and stems. In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise and half the chipotle powder. Set aside.
- Form ground beef into two patties, 5" in diameter. Season both sides with salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Combine tomato, shallot, lime juice, half the cilantro salt, and a pinch of pepper in another mixing bowl. Set aside.
- After fries have cooked 20 minutes, remove from oven and carefully toss again. Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Garnish baked fries with lime zest and remaining cilantro.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Place buns, cut side down, in a hot, dry pan and cook until lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes. Remove buns and keep pan over medium heat.
- Add patties to the hot pan. Cook until lightly charred, 4-6 minutes per side. Divide the cheese between each burger and cover pan to melt cheese, 2-3 minutes.
- Plate dish as pictured on top, spreading chipotle mayonnaise on the bottom bun and topping with a burger patty and pico de gallo. Enjoy!